If you think you can own noobs in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (UMvC 3) without knowing the changes made from vanilla (MvC 3) then you're sadly mistaken.
Fortunately for you, Capcom-Unity has a list of 10 changes you need to know before you pop in UMvC 3 on November 15, 2011.
View the changes below.
- X-Factor can be activated in the air.
- The attack and speed increases for each character while in X-Factor have been adjusted. Additionally, the damage reduction minimum while in X-Factor has been decreased from 50% in MvC3 to 35% in UMvC3, and Hyper Combos performed during X-Factor will now be subject to damage scaling.
- An upward exchange during an Air Combo will take away 1 bar of your opponent's HC Gauge.
- When you launch the enemy in the air with a Special Attack, hold the button down and your character will automatically super jump to follow the launched opponent. (This can be turned on or off in the Options menu.)
- The window for Aerial Exchange Counters has been adjusted, making it easier to land one.
- If you land a Snap Back attack on an assist character, similar to the landing it on the point character, the assist will become unavailable for a short period of time.
- It will no longer be possible to block during an air dash.
- The rate of HC Meter gain has been decreased by 10%, to 90% of what it was in MvC3.
- In MvC3, the amount of hit stun caused by assists was fixed, but in UMvC3 hit stun caused by assists will also be subject to hit stun deterioration during combos.
- For characters who have 8-way dashes, the speed on their down-back air dash has been slightly decreased.