A beta patch has been released for the PC version of Ultra Street Fighter IV. Find out how you can access it inside.
Welcome test subjects.
Capcom has released a beta patch for the PC version of Ultra Street Fighter IV. Details on how to access the patch were revealed on the Steam Community forums.
Here's what you need to do to get the patch going and a list of what has been fixed:
How to access the beta
- From your Steam ‘LIBRARY’ list, right-click on Ultra Street Fighter IV and select 'Properties'
- Select the ‘BETAS’ tab.
- Type USFIVBetaBranch (case-sensitive) in the 'Enter beta access code' field and then click CHECK CODE.
- Now, select "beta - patch beta" from the pull-down menu and click CLOSE.
- Wait for the Steam client to finish downloading the 2.9MB patch
- Launch Ultra Street Fighter IV
- Fixed an issue where data is sent to other lobbies even after a user has already entered a lobby / match
- Fixed an issue where data is continuously sent to other lobbies even after cancelling a custom lobby search
- Set a limit on the number of lobbies joinable at one time by player with fight request turned ON
- Fixed an issue where custom searches with region set to [ANY] was ignoring [SAME] region matches. Changed logic to search for [SAME] region matches first when [ANY] is selected.
Fernando's POV: I won't be able to test the beta until tomorrow, but the general consensus seems to be that while some improvements have been made, menu and gameplay lag still occur often. Capcom is also encouraging beta participants to details their issues as well as post system specs on the Steam forums.