Linux users have been waiting quite a while for Skullgirls to hit their preferred operating system. An update has been posted.
It's a work in progress, but it's working nonetheless.
Lab Zero Games has provided an update on the Linux version of Skullgirls. There's still a lot of work that needs to be done as the developers still need to fix some issues such as unresponsive keyboards and graphics for character animations.
Here are the update notes:
- The game runs on 14.04 Linux. “Runs” is a far cry from being finished (or fully playable), but it’s a significant milestone!
- Sound shows signs of progress
- Graphics are working for menus and some animations (credits, story scenes, character selection [without characters])
- Still working on graphics stuff for character animations
- Input for SDL-detected joysticks works with both gamepads (tested an Xbox360 wired gamepad) and FightSticks (tested a Madcatz Tekken Hybrid TE)
- Keyboards still aren’t working but show up as detected.