Monday, February 3, 2014
Killer Instinct "JAIL" system implemented in latest patch
Quitters never prosper. If you find yourself quitting online matches in Killer Instinct, you may want to stop. After all, no one wants to end up in "JAIL."
Rage quit? Time to pay for your crime.
Double Helix is sending rage quitters to the slammer with the latest Killer Instinct patch. Players who reach a 15 percent disconnect rate will find themselves in the new "JAIL" system. What this will do is match the rage quitter exclusively with other rage quitters for 24 hours.
That number will increase by an additional 24 hours if players end up in "JAIL" more than once. The sentence is capped at 120 hours.
Here is more information on the Killer Instinct "JAIL" system (via Double Helix).
Introducing a novel solution to rage quitters in Ranked Match: JAIL
- The first time your disconnect percentage goes above 15 percent you go to JAIL
- A 10 match minimum is required
- JAIL lasts for 24 hours. During this time you can only be matched against other JAIL members
- Each time you go to JAIL the amount of time increases by 24 hours (capped at 5 days – 120 hrs)
- While in JAIL your profile icon will be automatically changed to a custom JAIL icon to let you know you are in JAIL
- When your JAIL time is up, you go back into the public again (even if your disconnect percentage is back over 15%)
- However, when back in public, if you disconnect and you are still above 15 percentage you go directly back to JAIL
- For any match that sends you to JAIL, player will take a loss